Yesterday, I was pretty busy. I listed yet another beaded beer pendant in my Etsy shop. Then, I continued to work on my beaded Boston fire hydrant. The other day, Judy asked me if I was going to try beading full 3D on the fire hydrant, and the answer is I just don’t know. I would like to, but I realized that I don’t really think in terms of 3-dimensional (i.e. sculpural peyote stitch or right angle weave). I tried starting this a few different ways, but ended up just doing what comes natural to me – more bead embroidery! 😮
So far, I’m using some gray cubes that I picked up at the Bead Shop in London, as well as some yellow size 11 seed beads. So far, I like how it’s taking shape. Maybe I will try beading a reverse side as well, and then artfully put them together somehow. I wonder how that would look….