7 Facts About Me:
1. I cannot stop listening to Joy Division. When I was in London in May, I went to see the documentary film about the band, which was brilliant. Then, I had to bring a few of their discs home, and now I think I need to get the DVD! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the band, check out the original Shadowplay – not that rubbish the Killers recorded..
2. I’m not really a movie person, but I do watch them on occasion. The last one I watched was Basquiat, a biographical film about painter Jean-Michel Basquiat. I enjoyed the film very much because I learned a little more about Andy Warhol. Andy & Jean-Michel collaborated on quite a few works of art, and in some of them, you can’t tell who painted which parts. Here are a few of my favourites:
4. I am patiently awaiting the arrival Steven Wilson‘s solo album, Insurgentes. For those of you who don’t know, Steven is the lead singer of my absolute favourite band, Porcupine Tree. I preordered the disc on his website, and had to pay quite a lot for it, but I know it will be worth it – Steven is a musical genius!😀
5. I have a small collection of interesting American coins, including a couple of Mercury Head dimes, steel pennies, and Buffalo nickels. I can’t remember how I acquired most of them, but I did get one of the nickels when I recycled a plastic bottle in the machine at the supermarket!🙂
6. I am addicted to this Indiana Movie Theatre Popcorn. I’m at the point where I buy two bags of it at a time, and I’m always munching on it while I’m beading!😮
7. I just learned that an article about my beadwork has been printed in a Russian craft magazine! More details on that when my copy arrives! *blush*
Enjoy your day!🙂