This molding piece was made out of 3 layers of clear vinyl which were painted with steel-coloured acrylics. I originally wanted to use a different material for this piece, but I didn’t find anything suitable…. After I stuck the vinyl pieces together, I began to stitch on some of my Czech glass bugle beads. It seems that vinyl is one of my favourite beading fabrics – it has solved many of my problems!
The reason why my needle broke was because there were 3 layers of vinyl. Of course, if I had planned differently, I would have stitched on the beads, then painted the vinyl, but NO… I didn’t think of that… But, one thing I did think was that maybe sometime in the future, I should design my own special titanium beading needle! One that could bead through anything!!