Yesterday was a good day. I worked an 8-hour day in the theatre, and for a stagehand, that feels like a half day. By the time I got home, it was still only 8pm, so I worked on backing my beaded Chevy fire truck some more. I continued stitching on the red Ultrasuede. This is quite time consuming because I am very careful to make sure that none of the felt shows through. It’s also tough to stitch around curves. I work slowly, and as I work, I carefully trim away excess material so that the backing fits perfectly.
I also cut out two holes in the Ultrasuede and stitched a piece of clear vinyl on the inside of the backing. This enables the viewer to see through the truck’s windows. I also stitched on this picture hanger, so I can hang the piece on the wall when it’s finished.
This is a slow process, but I’ll get there eventually… =:0
Oh, and by the way, my trusty bent beading needle that I’ve been using for almost a year, finally broke yesterday when I was trying to stitch through 2 pieces of Ultrasuede….=:(